Reminiscing - Favorite Past Posts


I have nothing to talk about right now but I was bored today and started looking back at all my old posts for the almost four years my blog has been in existence.  This inspired me to recycle some of my favorite posts and a couple favorite posts of my readers. 


FAVORITE POST FROM THE EARLY DAYS WHEN FEW PEOPLE READ ANYTHING I POSTED BUT THE POST IS SO GOOD I WANT TO RESURRECT IT:

"Ten Dangerous Things I Did as a Child and Survived"

This post is one of my all time favorites.  It is a perfect mix of silly drawings of myself as a child and a window into my childhood and what a nut I was and continue to be even to this day.  This also serves as my FAVORITE POST ABOUT MY CHILDHOOD.



FAVORITE POST BECAUSE I LIKE WHAT I AM SAYING:

"Summer Camp Stalker"


This is one my favorite posts to go back and read because it really takes me back to that week my youngest was gone to camp and how much I missed that stinker.  Now that he is a teenager and driving me crazy it is especially important to read this to put things back into perspective.


FAVORITE POST BECAUSE I LIKE MY DRAWINGS A WHOLE BUNCHES:

"Chicken of the Sushsea"


All my artwork in this post, in my opinion, is Grade A.  Normally I will have a few drawings in my posts that leave me less than enthused but there was something about this post where all the stars aligned.  I also remember where I was when I created it.  I was in a Cleveland, Ohio hotel a few weeks prior to my husband's heart surgery. 


FAVORITE POST ABOUT MY KIDS:

"Flu Shots and My Kids"





I have so many posts about my children but this post always holds a special place in my heart.  I think because I live in a fantasy world so much that creating my own fantasy world where my children are dragon slaying princes is my dream come true.  I also like how I incorporated all characters from the first picture into the second fantasy picture.  Also, I do not post anything but the two pictures.  I do not talk at all, all talking is via the pictures. 



FAVORITE POST AMONG HOBOGIRL READERS TAKEN BY THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS I RECEIVED:

"The Price is Right Retro Hate"



This post seemed to really bring out my readers and prompted them to leave a comment.  I had eighteen comments.  The most comments of any of my posts.  May not seem much for other bloggers, but for me that was a lot.



FAVORITE POST THAT TOOK ME FOREVER AND TO THIS DAY I CAN REMEMBER IT TAKING FOREVER AND I ALMOST SCRAPPED IT A THOUSAND TIMES BECAUSE IT WAS TAKING ME FOREVER:

"Waffle Iron Apocalypse"



This post....ugh.  The details I decided to include in some of the pictures is the reason it took me FOR-E-VER.  For the Facebook pictures I actually had to copy/paste pictures into real FB posts in order to get the pictures to make sense and work. 



FAVORITE POST AMONG HOBOGIRL READERS TAKEN BY THE NUMBER OF VIEWS I RECEIVED - THUS MEANING I MUST HAVE WORD TAGGED LIKE A BOSS

"Fun with Photoshop: Ghouls and Goblins and Girls in Slutty Costumes Oh My!"


This was my fourth post and goes all the way back to 2010.  I was really into Photoshop at the time and Halloween was around the corner.  Figured I'd talk about that and work on my Photoshop.  Apparently I did a really good job of tagging my pictures because this post has had a total of 2,257 views since I published it.

Finally, over the last four years I have had quite a few special characters that were incorporated into my blog posts like Ditch Guy, Clarence the Fu Manchu Wearing Orange, and Bitchy Tree Frog but...


MY FAVORITE WHHG CHARACTER IS:


 


She has grown on me over the years and hasn't killed me so I owe her a lot. 

0 comments :

Back to Top