Down the Rabbit Hole






Feeling like I fell down a rabbit hole....
...or that I should click my heels together to wake from this dream.

One mile.  ONE mile north.  ONE mile NORTH of me.  That is how far my family and I were from the trajectory of the F-4 tornado that wreaked havoc on Friday, March 2nd, 2012.

Needless to say the last week has been hectic and full of emotions.  My high school is 3/4 of the way demolished.  My hometown is 1/2 way in ruins.  Many of my friends and family were affected and will be affected for many years to come.

Beyond that, I have to look at the positives.  I still have my family intact; my home is still standing with no damage.  I still have two working arms and two working legs that can be used to help clean up.  I still have a job and the ability to keep giving where it is needed.  The trees on my property are alive and standing tall.  They are not shards of wood barely left sticking out of the ground.

One mile south and this story could be so much different.  

Bless all who need so many blessings right now.  



7 comments :

Lisa said...

Such a heartbreaking tragedy. I am so thankful you and your boys made it home that day and all of you were safe from harms way.

Pickleope said...

Wow, glad you're okay. So sad for all those affected.

Sian said...

omg! I'm so glad you and your family are safe!

Julie Hutchinson said...

Thank goodness you and your family are okay XXOO

wisegirl203 said...

I'm so glad you and your family are safe. Take care :)

Summer said...

I'm very glad you and your family are safe.

We live in Oklahoma, right in the middle of tornado alley. So I know the devastating aftermath of a large tornado. Thoughts and prayers go out to all of your community.

TriGirl said...

Oh my goodness. So glad you and your family are ok; so sorry for the difficulties in your community right now. At least you are doing what you can to help others, and that certainly makes a difference for them.

Back to Top