Veggie Basil Pizza



Tonight is my Super Bowl. That's right, the Oscars. And just like the Super Bowl I always make the same food. For the Super Bowl I make Party Meatballs; for the Oscars I make Veggie Pizza. The Super Bowl is all about the guys and fattening food. The Oscars are all about the ladies and healthier food.





Pin It!


I would love to tell you that everything that goes into this pizza is homemade, but I cannot lie and tell you that and I'll confess right now that I bought a store bought pizza crust and pizza sauce. However, if you are more inclined you can totally make this pizza with all homemade ingredients (crust and sauce) if that is your thing. Have at it and more power to you! 


VEGGIE BASIL PIZZA 
  • Whole Wheat Pizza Crust  (I use Boboli) 
  • Pizza Sauce, 15 oz  (I use Muir Glen) 
  • Olive Oil 
  • Mozzarella Cheese (I use the pricier Mozzarella that comes in a square block) 
  • Spinach 
  • Tomato
  • Zucchini 
  • Green & Red Bell Pepper 
  • Red Onion 
  • Fresh Basil 

You can also add mushrooms for those who LOVE those things.  I don't.  
*scrunches nose*



Brush some olive oil on top of pizza crust. 

Pour and spread about 1/2 of a can of the pizza sauce. 

Mince up some fresh basil and sprinkle on top 

Lay down enough (washed & dried) spinach leaves on the sauce that you will have a couple pieces in each slice 

Next put on sliced onions, green & red bell peppers 

Put on the sliced tomatoes and zucchini 

Last cover with the mozzarella cheese. Enough so it'll cover the top once it melts

Bake in a 450 degree over for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and starting to brown. 

Let cool for 5 minutes. 

Slice it up and enjoy!



I should also mention that today was (supposed to be) Happy NascOscar Day, because the Daytona 500 was also scheduled to happen.  

The Rain Nazi however said, "No race for you!".




5 comments :

Pickleope said...

It would have been sensory overload if you were given the Oscars and the NascOscars(sp?). Looks like a good recipe, I'll have to try it.

Julie Hutchinson said...

Oh I wish I were there with that pizza right now, yum.

Ellen Lloyd said...

Ohhh, YUM! Looks great... all it needs is pineapple! (LOVE pineapple.)

Joshua said...

This is making me not want to eat the potato soup I made and brought with me today.

Sian said...

You can't tell but my computer is swimming in my drool! x

Back to Top