Home Havens



When we moved into our home we gained more storage including a cute storage closet located under our finished basement stairs.  I thought about what to use it for - for months.  I didn't want to clutter it up with junk because it seemed to be a waste to do that.  The closet itself is actually quite roomy and cute.  The walls are painted a calming tan color and the carpet extends from the finished living area in the basement into this closet.

I nabbed the under stairs closet as my own.  Nothing was allowed in it and the closet remained empty for at least six months while I mulled over what to actually do with it.  

Many ideas came to me but I was limited in what I could with it because of the sloped ceilings. 

It was perfect for a themed room like:

The Alice in Wonderland Room



While cute, the Alice in Wonderland room really wouldn't serve any type of purpose.


After months, I finally got around to completing my woman cave:




My meditation room has been so relaxing for me.  I'm not an obsessive meditation guru or anything but it is nice to have a set aside location that is always there for one reason and one reason only - to get away from stress and just relax and clear my mind.


If meditating isn't your thing then how about these?...

Some proven places that lower stress for women:
The bathroom
The kitchen
Target
Any restaurant that serves cheese and pasta and wine


Some other proven places that lower stress for men:
The man cave
The garage
Bass Pro Shop
Any restaurant that serves spicy meat and beer


QUESTION:  Is there a place where you like to go to relieve stress?


5 comments :

Pickleope said...

Opium den. Doesn't everyone go to an opium den to relax and sit on a giant round pillow and smoke out of a long pipe and occasionally spout ancient wisdom?
By the way, a closet under the basement stairs? Isn't that where horror and nightmares are brewed? I think it's the name of Eli Roth's next movie.

Julie Hutchinson said...

I like to go out into the garden when things aren't biting - but I read that comment about the opium den and you know for a second - slap!

Lisa said...

My bathroom and bedroom. I lock the bedroom door and pretend no one else exists. I will take nice hot shower and then crawl into my bed and read.

Axldog said...

CAMP!!!!!!!!!

Sian said...

That is awesome! Although Alice in wonderland one would have been so cool!

I dont have a place like that really, I usually go for a walk in the woods or I guess a bath but there I spot all the mold bits ;)

Back to Top