I Just Start Drawing - A Confused Monkey


I drew this awhile back and was holding it for a post I felt it worked best in.  I don't think it's gonna happen.  Instead I will be lazy and let my readers tell me their interpretation of this picture.

This is a stream of consciousness type thing where I start drawing and see where it leads me.  It is a nice break to do these types of drawings where I don't have to have a set plan and have pressure that I won't be able to draw my story out. 

But, based on my drawing below, I might be committed sooner than I thought. 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>(Runs and hides from straight jacket)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This one I call:
"Confused Monkey"

Click on the picture to view the larger version. 


Please tell me...
Why do you think monkey is confused?

(Note - There are no wrong answers)

5 comments :

Pickleope said...

Monkey is confused because he was being used as a substitute-child of a barren couple. They took Monkey to their nearest downtown, dressed up in human garb, taking him to movies, the store, Joseph A. Bank Clothiers. Then they mistakenly took Monkey to a zoo, where he saw his "own kind". Monkey freaked out. His "parents" were forced to drop Monkey off in the forest, his natural habitat, lest he turn on all of humanity. Poor Monkey.

Tonya the Hobo Girl said...

I give you multi-extra credit points for the mention of Joseph A. Bank Clothiers in your story. A lesser person has fallen for attempting such a feat.

Debbie said...

My brain is not working yet - only on my first cup of coffee this morning! So instead of giving my interpretation, I'll instead tell you how talented I think you are. Do you illustrate children's books? If not, you should.

Tonya the Hobo Girl said...

Thank Debbie.

Vapid Vixen said...

CLEARLY he's confused as to whether he's supposed to hang himself with his tie or his balloon string because everyone and I do mean EVERYONE knows how so 1996 the bullring nose piercing is and he's overcome with shame.
Really don't know where the star wars fits in. I'll have to get back to you.

Back to Top