Killer Dirty Sock Army





First off....I think I have fixed all my blogs and got the pictures back on my posts.  It took me two weekends, but I'm done!  Thank the good gourd.  

Thanks everyone for your patience and I want to apologize if any of my old blogs showed up in your Blogger or RSS feeds and confused the hell out of you.  It was my hope that the filler Baby Burns post kept you entertained if you clicked over to my blog.

It took me so long to fix this because I also had to be a wife and mom and not let the house combust from dust or enflare from all the dog hair.  Yesterday, I cleaned our basement and was amazed at the things I found down there.  You see, I don't hang out in our finished basement much.  That is my husband and boys place.  The only time I am down there is when I know it has gotten so dirty I have no choice but to trek down with my vacuum and cleaning supplies.  

By the end of the day I had a small laundry basket filled with dirty clothes.  Why my boys strip down to their underwear when playing on the computer or watching television, I have no clue.  It is a male thing I guess.  Among the dirty clothes were a TON of dirty socks.  I can't tell you how many times I have bought those boys new socks because I never could find any to wash.  Now I know why.  There were socks hiding out everywhere.  It was a virtual dirty sock easter egg hunt.  Just when I thought I had gotten them all, there would be another one peeking out from under a chair or cabinet!

I'm going to have nightmares of an insane dirty sock army climbing the basement steps and killing me in my sleep.  I'm not joking...seriously.  Not really sure why they would want to kill me personally.  Perhaps it is because they don't like to be ignored and forgotten.  They don't want to kill the people who wear them but the people who clean them.  The dirt and sweat and foot smell must be what makes them so insane.  


It MIGHT also have something to do with me being lazy sometimes and when I don't have a paper towel or dusting cloth handy, I have used a dirty sock close by to dust the furniture.  Is that gross?  I guess.  Oh well, I is who I is.  In my mind, Pledge chemicals kill even the grossest germs hiding out in socks.  


 Hobo Girl keeping it real and oblivious to the truth since 1974.

Question: Do you have any weird or embarrassing cleaning routines?


8 comments :

Emma said...

Hey, I'm over from FTLOB :)

I'm definitely glad that my boyfriend doesn't strip down to his underwear when he's playing video games or watching TV, haha! As for weird or embarrassing cleaning routines? I haven't developed any - yet. I've only been living in a non-student house (ie. somewhere that I care about keeping clean) for a month, so there's still plenty of time!

Barbara - The Tattooed Housewife said...

Haha, my only embaressing ccleaning routine is redoing everything my husband does. I've come to realize that I'm a bit of a control freak. I don't even mean to be! I think it might come from being in the Army. Even if he does the dishes and puts them in the dishwasher, if I see them before they're run I have to reorganize them. I'm crazy!

Pickleope said...

Wow, how long have those socks been there that they've grown facial hair? Love the pictures as always.

Tonya the Hobo Girl said...

I refuse to let my husband load the dishwasher. He is perfectly fine with loading three large bowls and a few utensils and then starting it. Even with a sink full of dishes that could fit in there. I think he does that stuff on purpose. You know "if I do a shitty job she won't have me do it anymore". I use the same thinking method when doing yard work. :D

Pearls and Pears said...

First of all... to answer the overall question of your blog- all of the hobos have moved to Eugene, Oregon... My home town... which is amazing. Second of all... my weird routine is that I wait till I am running low on undies before i wash them all. And because they are delicates I wash them in the bathtub and hang them out to dry. which means that about once every 6 weeks or so my apartment is overrun by drying underwear. Not a great time to have someone stop by... thank god there is a buzzer.

Vapid Vixen said...

"Is that gross? I guess." I don't know why exactly but that made me burst out laughing.

I've used newspaper and windex on windows and mirrors. My Dad told me once it cuts down on the streaks. I think he just didn't want to look for the paper towels.

Sian said...

I found you on FLOB and this post made me laugh out loud. Also it now has me paranoid about being approached by Killer socks *quickly checks over shoulder* so thanks for that also lol Great stuff! I look forward to reading more posts x

Little Gray Pixel said...

LMAO. My husband is the worst offender when it comes to leaving dirty socks lying around. He likes to stash them inside shoes, behind the toilet and under the couch. It's a sickness.

Back to Top