A Tale of Two Dogs

Dog #1


Daddy Cooks

 

Steeler Looks

 

Steeler loves watching my husband cook on the grill.  Looking through the glass door at his owner, it is as if he is watching a television program taped exclusively for him.




Anyway, the family and I ate grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for dinner tonight.  Now I'd like to share with you something that may make me sound very odd.  


Dog #2


When I eat hot dogs I am VERY anal particular.  I love the taste of grilled hot dogs, but they have to be small and thin.  If they are too long and thick, I gag (insert overused Michael Scott reference here).  To combat even the possibility of me gagging, I put the hot dog in a regular sized bun and put some mustard on top of the dog.

In case you weren't sure of the ingredients


Wiener in the bun (snort)


Weiner Dog


Then I take another hot dog bun and tear it in half lengthwise and place it on top of the open side of the prepared dog - right on top of the mustard.  It's like a corn dog only not fried and not made of corn, you understand?  I find that I need more bread to hot dog ratio so that when I bite into the hot dog skin I don't notice the crunch as much. Because, you see, biting into hot dog skin makes me a gag lady.

"Gotta keep 'em separated"


It's like a bready bun boat!

Beyond that, I also put some mustard on my plate and dip the dog in it so that the bread I am eating has some flavor to it.  

Mustard Devil


While I am at it, I dip my potato chips in the mustard.

Mustard Explosion (interesting fact - mustard makes my husband gag)





The end.

2 comments :

Jennifer said...

I love when people have super specific food rituals. I still feel robbed that Rick Moranis never elaborated on his waffle eating system in "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".

Vapid Vixen said...

This was just so random I think I loved it.

Back to Top