Anatomy of a Diet- Part 2 - The Fatty Tissue

I have already told you about my diet on the post, Anatomy of a Diet - Part 1 - The Skeleton.  I began my diet on September 8th, 2010 and have lost 40 pounds since I began the diet.  All the while I would keep my friends updated through Facebook.  The following post I will share my first month updates.  You may laugh, probably yawn and most definitely crave food.  Enjoy and sorry.


(DISCLAIMER - RESULTS MAY NOT BE TYPICAL. ALWAYS CONSULT A PHYSICIAN BEFORE STARTING ANY DIET OR EXERCISE REGIMEN).




If I spent as much time exercising and focusing on eating right as much as I do watching TV and piddling on the computer I would be skinny and healthy.
September 7, 2010

DAY 1 OF DIET - SEPTEMBER 8TH, 2010

I got my husband to eat salmon and asparagus last night for dinner! He actually didn't think they were bad at all. He wouldn't order them at a restaurant but if I make them for dinner, he'll eat it. That's a start I guess. First salad and now this!
September 8, 2010

Made Sizzling Faj-Ritos last night. Burrito tortillas, seasoned chicken strips, sauteed onions and peppers, Spanish rice. Fold up burrito style and top with picante sauce. Cheese optional.
September 9, 2010




I need a public safety warning posted on my forehead for my kids and husband. "Day 3 of diet is not a good day to present attitude or undue stress. Doing so could lead to severe snappiness and spontaneous combustion. Handle with care".
September 11, 2010


Day 4 of Diet.
Breakfast: Cup of Coffee w/ Splenda and 2% milk & one Fiber One bar.
Lunch: 8 oz water, 9 carrot sticks, three strawberries, 1 slice of whole wheat bread with reduced fat peanut butter.
Total calories consumed so far: 477.
Exercise so far: Vacuuming (112 c. burned).
...Calories minus exercise: 365
Pounds lost so far: 1 1/2
September 12, 2010

Dinner: Lemon Chicken Stir Fry from Eating Healthy served over rice noodles, 8 oz water, package of yogurt for after dinner snack.
Calories so far today: 998
Later my dark chocolate square or dark chocolate almonds (for Sun Eve TV snack) ;) I have calories to spend. My daily calorie goal is 1,255.
September 12, 2010

I tried butternut squash with my dinner. Pah-tooey. I don't like steamed and plain butternut squash. I might like butternut squash soup though, have to try that (maybe). :)  Pat on my back because hubby and the boys and his buddies cooked out hamburgers and hot dogs and I didn't cheat once! It was so GD tempting though.
September 12, 2010

Day 5 (weight loss=2lbs)
Breakfast: Fiber One bar, cup of coffee
Morning Snack: Banana, 8 oz water
Calories so far: 336
Mantra for the day: healthy snack between every meal. Eating gets metabolism back up. sounds easy enough but harder than it seems.
September 13, 2010




Don't deny the power of the lemon. Dieter's best friend. That and sugar free chewing gum.
September 13, 2010








Taking the long way to the bathroom whenever possible. Hey every step counts! I look like a fool, power walking to the bathroom. People will think I really have to pee. (Which is also true because of my water intake.)
September 13, 2010

Question of the day: does taking a hot bath with bubbles on full blast burn calories?
September 13, 2010

Lunch: leftover Stir Fry and water
Dinner: half salmon steak, herb roasted new potatoes quartered (about 6 quarters), French cut green beans ( 1/2 c). Water to drink.
Evening snack: banana
Daily Exercise: 6,000 steps
Calories consumed=1252 calories burned=190 Difference:1,062
...193 calories remaining. Dark chocolate square here I come!!!
September 13, 2010

Day 6 (3 lbs lost)
Breakfast: coffee, Fiber one bar
Morning Snack: 1/4 mango
Lunch: Spinach salad w/leftover salmon cut up, alfalfa sprouts, cucumbers, lemon juice and tablespoon fat free Italian dressing.
Water: 12 oz
...Steps: 3180
418 calories consumed so far
Calories burned = 112
949 calories remaining
September 14, 2010

Afternoon snack: banana and half peanut butter sandwich.
Dinner: leftover lemon Stir Fry and brown rice. (one bite of hubby's lamb chop).
8 oz water
Evening snack: 10 cocoa dusted almonds (It turns out I DID have the Emerald brand!)
Calories left: 259
September 14, 2010

We eat a lot of bananas here at my home. So when I go to the store I buy one bunch that has a little of the brown spots on them and the other bunch is really green. I know that isn't "Sherlock Holmes clever" but I thought I would still share. :)
I did not draw this picture.  I don't know who the banana artist is that drew this work of art.
September 15, 2010


Did my morning check. No weight loss for Day 7, but that happened last time I was on a diet when I lost weight. I will not panic. That brings stress and that's a no-no.
September 15, 2010


With my last diet when I lost weight, I experienced weight loss every day then a day or two I would plateau. I am sure it is metabolism and water weight stuff. Also hormones.
September 15, 2010

‎7 days = 3 lbs. That is great though. Especially since my goal is to lose 2 pounds a week.
September 15, 2010

Day 7 of diet. (3 pounds lost).
Breakfast: coffee/fiber one bar. Morning Snack: Apple
Lunch: Spinach salad w/ tomato, red onion, almonds, fat free italian
Afternoon Snack: Mango (1/4) & Baked Pita Chips (3)
Dinner: Lime & Chili Chicken Lettuce Wraps (3) and zucchini
...Evening Snack: 1 fat free mozzarella stick, one Wasa cracker bread and piece of dark chocolate.
September 15, 2010

I guess I need to add more calories during the day. Yikes.
September 15, 2010

Reminder: My daily calorie goal is 1255 to lose 2 pounds a week.
September 15, 2010


Water - 32 oz Exercise: 5000 steps, 177 calories burned Calories for day: 665 Damn that's bad. I only got up to 53% of calorie goal. :/
September 15, 2010

Yesterday (Day 8) of diet
Breakfast: Coffee and Fiber One bar, Morning Snack: Blueberry Yogurt and Granola w/ peach. Lunch: Leftover Chicken Chili Lettuce Wraps. Afternoon Dinner: Bean Soup w/ chopped green onions and wheat crackers. 32 oz water for the day.
Calories Consumed: 1090 Calories Burned: 70 Total Calories: 1020
September 17, 2010

Day 9 of Diet: 4 pounds lost. Today is a smoothie day because I bought a blender. :)
September 17, 2010

My first smoothie with my new blender! Strawberry banana garnished with mint.
September 17, 2010

2 frozen bananas, 12 frozen strawberries, 2 cups soy milk, 1 tablespoon plain yogurt and fresh mint.

Dinner plans tonight: Grilled Pork Chops marinated 24 hrs in orange juice, lime, garlic, cumin and pepper. I will probably pair it with grilled veggies and some type of rice.
September 17, 2010

Turkey sandwich for lunch. Whole wheat bread, cucumber, bean sprouts, turkey, tomato, lettuce, reduced fat provolone, and mustard.
September 17, 2010


Day 10 of diet: 5 pounds lost. Weekends are a little tougher because I let time get away from me, unlike at work.
September 18, 2010

Hubby and I are going to attempt to drag my treadmill out of the garage down to the basement in my special exercise spot. We have been needing to do it since we moved in but have been putting it off because the thing is elephant heavy. We will be going around the house down the hill with the thing. We will be a sight to behold. Pray for our backs. I'll consider it some of my exercise for the day!


0 comments :

Back to Top