Artsy Fartsy Practice - Eye Sketch

Photobucket

I have been meaning to get back in the mindset of sketching and learning how to do it over again (not that I was ever excellent to begin with). I bought some sketching pencils, erasers and sketch paper today. I googled a how to art site. I sketched. The girl doing the "how to" is a 10 out of a scale of 1 - 10 in talent. If I had to rate my version I'd put it in the low 7's. It looks like a sketch whereas hers looks like an actual person is looking back at you. But it was great practice on sketching and shading techniques.



Click here for the step by step tutorial and you can see the difference between my sketch and the original.



Photobucket
Close-up

2 comments :

theanythingplace said...

Wow, that is such a nice sketch. I could never do one that well.

Marsy said...

I think you did a very good job!

Back to Top